Address Search for Switzerland In ESS Addresses Doesn't Work If An Address Is Already Populated
(Doc ID 2907377.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It would appear that the PeopleCode triggered when changing the country takes care to reset all invisible "search" fields to blank values, whereas a simple changing of the postal code or manual clearing of visible fields does not.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Log on as a user having an address in Switzerland.
- Go to ESS > Personal Details > Addresses.
- Click on the home address to change it.
- Change the postal code. This will delete the city and municipality code (village), though not the city.
- Delete the city manually. This will leave only the country, street address and postal code.
- Click on the "Address Search" link. This will result in the error "There is no search result for the search criteria".
If, between steps 3 and 4, you add the following steps, then everything works as expected:
3.1. Change the country from Switzerland to anything else.
3.2. Change the country back to Switzerland. (This will delete the street address, which you must now type in again.)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document