EPY: When Testing New Program Funding Configuration Data for Colorado and Oregon, Voluntary Family Medical Leave Wages Are Accruing With the State Funded Portion
(Doc ID 2916629.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Payroll for North America - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When testing Colorado (CO) and Oregon (OR) Paid Family Medical Leave that was delivered as part of Tax Update 22-E, Voluntary PMFL Wages are accruing along with the State funded portion.
The expectation is that only the State funded FML/EE and FML/ER would appear.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Apply Tax Update 22-E
2. Backdate all the new changes delivered by Peoplesoft from 1/1/2023 to 11/01/2022 for testing purposes.
- To find documentation for Colorado Setup, Open Payroll for North America Tax Update Documentation (Document 2820620.2)
- Expand 'Tax Update 22-E / Update Image 9.2.045
- Click on 'Tax Update' or 'HCM PRP Patchsets' titles
- Search for the file Colorado_Family_and_Medical_Leave_Insurance.pdf
3. Set up Company State Tax Data with 11/1/2022 row to initiate the Program Funding Configuration for PFML setup
- Navigation: Set Up HCM > Product Related > Payroll for North America > Federal/State Taxes > Company State Tax Table
- Open for Company and State OR
- Set Other Programs to Subject
4. Set Up Employee Tax Data for OR Employee (11/1/2022) to make the Federal program Subject
- Navigation: Payroll for North America > Employee Pay Data USA > Tax Information > Update Employee Tax Data
- Enter the Employee ID
- Go to State Tax Data tab
- Set Up Other Program Details to allow Subject for P001- Paid Family Medical Leave
5. Run a pay for the company/paygroup that the employee is in
- Create Paysheets, navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Create and Load Paysheets > Create Paysheets
- Calculate Payroll, navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Calculate Payroll
6. Review the calculated Paycheck
- Navigation: Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck
- Go to the Taxes Tab and notice that the State values appear, but so do voluntary FLI (Family Leave Insurance) /MLI (Medical Leave Insurance).
New Functionality. Program Funding Configuration was delivered in PUM Image 44 / Tax Update 22-E but Data to use this functionality was delivered via Tax Update 22-E / PRP.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document