Absence Balance Global Search Returns Employees Working in a Department in the Past
(Doc ID 2917588.1)
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When Manager tries to search for Absence Balance details in the Global search, Search returns Employees who aren't tagged currently under the Manager/ tagged to Department for which Row level security is enabled to the Manager. And Employees who were tagged under the respective department in the past were also accessible to the Manager.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new permission list(Eg: HCDP13110).
Navigation: PeopleTools > Security > Permissions & Roles > Persmission Lists
2. Add department to the newly created permission list under Security by Dept Tree(Eg: Setid/Deptid: SHARE/13110).
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Security > Core Row Level Security > Security by Dept Tree
3. Assign row security permission list HCDP13110 to User id CSTEVENSON.
4. Assign row security permission list HCDP10000 to User id CSALINGER.
Navigation: PeopleTools > Security > User Profiles > User Profiles
5. Emplid KU0044 was previously working in department 10000 and is now currently working in department 13110.
Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
6. Emplid KU0039 has never worked in department 10000 and is currently working in department 13110.
7. Run the direct reports table build process.
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Common Definitions > Direct Reports for Managers > Direct Reports Table Build
8. Run Refresh SJT_CLASS_ALL
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Security > Core Row Level Security > Refresh SJT_CLASS_ALL
9. Run Refresh SJT_OPR_CLS
Navigation: Set Up HCM > Security > Core Row Level Security > Refresh SJT_OPR_CLS
10. Build the search index FOR search definition: HC_GP_ABS_SRCH_BAL
Navigation: PeopleTools > Search Framework > Administration > Schedule Search Indexes
11. Login as CSALINGER/ CSALINGER mapped with row security permission list HCDP10000 and has access to only dept it 10000 in Security by Dept tree.
12. Search for Daryl Reese(KU0044) who is currently mapped to Dept id 13110 and in the past mapped to Dept id 10000. Global search is returning the Emplid which shoudn't.
13. Searching for Shawn Quilligan who has never been in Dept - 10000. Search not returning the data.
14. Login as CSTEVENSON/ CSTEVENSON mapped with row security permission list HCDP13110 and has access to only dept it 13110 in Security by Dept tree.
15. Searches for Daryl and Shawn returns result since both are currently working in Dept -13110.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document