On File Mapping Definition for Common Application, Error Displays on Preview Data Tab After Clicking Button: 'Missing value for required field EXTERNAL_SYSTEM on staging table SCC_STG_EXT_SYS, file row number 1 (14015,632)'
(Doc ID 2930777.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Recruiting and Admissions - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On the File Mapping Definition Component, after completing the setup for a new mapping for the Common Application Context Definition - for Admissions application processing with File Parser - the following error occurs when attempting to preview the data on an attached file:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Navigate to Set Up SACR > System Administration > Utilities > File Parser > File Mapping Definition.
- Create a New File Mapping Definition, using the delivered 'Common Application' context definition.
- Complete the setup on the File Layout and Mapping tabs, including at least one row for the tables SCC_STG_CONSTIT, SCC_STG_EXT_SKY and SCC_STG_EXT_SYS.
- On the Preview Data tab, click 'Add Attachment' to upload a sample data file.
- Click the 'Preview Data' button and the error displays on the page.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document