After Clicking 'Submit' on FLUID Class Search and Enroll to Add Course to Shopping Cart, Course is Added With 0 Units Instead of the Actual Course Units
(Doc ID 2940798.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise CS Student Records - Version 9.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In certain specific conditions, when using FLUID Class search and enroll to add a course to the shopping cart, the course gets added with 0 units instead of its actual/correct number of units.
This issue occurs specifically when the course being added follows a previous course that was added with the grading basis changed to 'pass/not pass'. Another key factor is the presence of a row on the Student Records Activity Guides option component where the 'Hide Review Class Selection' box is checked. If this box is unchecked, the issue does not occur.
The further problem caused by the course added with 0 units is that the Validate process will fail with the following error:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- On Set Up SACR > Common Definitions > Self Service > Fluid Configuration > SR Activity Guide Options, add or update a record where the 'Hide Review Class Selection' box is checked.
- As the student, sign into the Student Homepage, and Navigate to Manage Classes Tile. In the left Navigation, click Shopping Cart and verify it's empty - or if not, delete any previous rows.
- Click Class Search and Enroll, and choose a term where the enrollment start and open enrollment dates are in the future, or where the student is assigned enrollment appointment that is in the future. (Note: it's unclear if this step is necessary for replication but was used by Support to replicate the issue.)
- In Class Search and enroll, choose a course where the grading basis is to 'GRD' (no option for student to change it) and follow the full sequence to add to shopping cart. The grading basis can be verified on Curriculum Management > Course Catalog > Course Catalog > Catalog Data, at the global course level; and/or Curriculum Management > Schedule of Classes > Adjust Class Associations > Class Components, at the term level.
- Go to shopping cart to confirm the course was added.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, this time choosing a course with grading basis 'OPT', and change the basis to 'pass/not pass' during the sequence.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 one more time, choosing another course with 'GRD'. Note the units on this course show 0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document