The Manage Assignments Termination Process Does Not Maintain the Original Job’s Salary Grade and Step and Entry Dates.
(Doc ID 2968639.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Human Resources - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee's temporary position ends and they are returned to their substantive position in Job Data, the Position's data for Salary Grade, Step is used and entry dates for these details that are changed on the Job Data page for the specific employee is not maintained.
Steps to Replicate:
- Insert a new row in Job and set the Action Reason to Temporary Assignment. Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information >Job > Job Data.
- Change the Position Number to the Job they will have temporarily.
- Populate the expected job end date and check end job automatically.
- On the Job Information tab add the Duties Type.
- On the Salary Plan tab ensure there is a Salary Step and entry date.
- Click Save to create the Additional Employment Record for Additional Job and Hold Substantive Job. To see the Salary Step and entry dates are incorrect on both rows for the new employment record. These are not pulled from the original job.
- Run the Return from Temporary Job process to create the Return from Temp Assignment row on employment record 0. Navigation: Workforce Administration > Job Information > Temporary Assignments > Manage Assignments Termination > Manage Assignments Termination.
Results: The Salary Step and entry dates are not maintained from the original Job row.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document