E-IB: Unable To Send Files in Binary Format in PeopleSoft REST Integration While Using "Base64toBinary" HTTP Property
(Doc ID 2977084.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 02, 2023
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.59 to 8.59 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On PeopleTools 8.59 version that supports send files in binary format, unable to send file attachments in the form of binary data to third party while consuming a REST service.
As per Doc ID 2750263.1, Prior to PeopleTools 8.59, Integration Broker only supports text based messages, not binary data transfer.
It is expected that by setting the HttpProperty Base64toBinary flag to "Y", the Request Massage body content will be converted from base64 to binary while transmitting the message, but this is not working. The files are getting attached to third party but are still in base64 encoded format.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Peoplecode, open the file (.pdf or .jpeg) for reading
2. Encode the file content to base64 format using &base64string = &theFile.GetBase64StringFromBinary();
3. Add the base64 encoded string to Request Message body using &MSGREQUEST.SetContentString(&base64string);
4. Set the HttpProperty Base64toBinary to "Y" using &MSGREQUEST.IBInfo.IBConnectorInfo.AddConnectorProperties("Base64toBinary", "Y", %Header);
5. Transmit the Request using synchronous connection using &MSGRESPONSE = %IntBroker.SyncRequest(&MSGREQUEST)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document