ETL8. & 9: TL Master Solution for Time and Labor Leave Processing, TL_COMPLEAV_TBL
(Doc ID 616626.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 28, 2020
PeopleSoft Enterprise HCM Time and Labor - Version 8 to 9.2 [Release 8 to 9] Information in this document applies to any platform.
Enterprise Time and Labor release 8SP1, 8.31, 8.81, 8.9 & 9.0, 9.1, 9.2 (including Comp Time)
***Checked for relevance on 30-May-2012***
***Checked for relevance on 07-Oct-2013***
This knowledge document was created to hopefully answer any outstanding questions you may have regarding the rewrite of how Leave is handled in Time and Labor 8SP1 and beyond. Development introduced this rewrite in TL 8SP1, Bundle #6 2002, 71318000, Resolution ID 102286 and in TL 8.3, Bundle #7, #503014000, Resolution ID 102531.
**This resolution will be continually updated as questions and issues arise**
******************* General Information on the change:
The current process has been redesigned to use the most current leave balances remaining calculated by the Leave Accrual process. It adjusts for any reported time (on-line or batch) that has not been sent and paid by Payroll. It includes Record-only adjustments when calculating available Leave Time in the Time and Labor edits. When Leave Balance validation is turned off on the Time and Labor installation table, the processing will still track the cumulated reported entries and the available balances but does not issue errors.
DISCLAIMER: It is assumed that Customers do NOT create rules that change non-leave TRC's to leave TRC's, or vice a versa.
Here are the tables used by the Leave Accrual Edits:
1. PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL - For Leave plans, rows will be inserted for the initial enrollment and also for each run of the Benefits Leave Accrual Process. - When Leave time is reported in TL, the TL_QUANTITY field is updated with the number of hours reported.
2. PS_LEAVE_PLAN - When an employee is enrolled in a new leave plan, as seen on this table, a new row will then be inserted into PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL.
3. PS_LEAVE_PLAN_TBL - This table contains all leave plans.
4. PS_LEAVE_ACCRUAL - This is used by PSPACCPR to calculate the values for TL_QUANTITY and END_DT when inserting rows into PS_COMPLEAV_TBL.
Conversion and Upgrade Overview:
For conversion and Upgrade, the following processes will be required.
- Table PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL has existing field COMP_TIME_PLAN added as a key. It will need to be altered (as instructed in the install document). (COMP_TIME_PLAN is the same thing as PLAN_TYPE).
- New one-time AE (UPGRADE_LEAV) to enter the initial leave rows in PS_TL_COMPLEAV_TBL. The AE has restart ability logic built in, so already processed employees will not be reconsidered in a rerun (if you need to cancel the job and rerun later).
IMPORTANT: To assess correctly if Taken by Payroll (TP) or Closed (CL) payable_status entries in Payable Time have been seen by Benefits, we use the Frozen Date field in Payable Time to determine which Pay Calendar entry has processed it. The Pay Confirmed flag will indicate if the entry has already been paid by Payroll and is therefore assumed to be included in the Benefits most current Leave balance.
For optimum results, the "Frozen Date" logic should already in place (it was delivered in the previous bundle). (this is referring to the assumption that Customers do NOT create rules that change non-leave TRC's to leave TRC's or vice a versa.)
Questions and Answers
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!