Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2013
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise PT PeopleTools - Version 8.4 to 8.51 [Release 8.4]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
SPECIFIC TO: Enterprise, PeopleTools 8.44 and higher
This document was previously published as Customer Connection Solution 200779362
***Checked for relevance on 19-SEP-2013***
In addition to the PeopleBooks documentation found in Process Scheduler PeopleBooks > Defining System Purge Options > Access the Purge Settings page, what is the logic behind the following functions called when the PRCSYSPURGE and PRCSSRVCLN processes are run?
In program PRCSYSPURGE:
In program PRCSSRVCLN:
PeopleBooks excerpt from Process Scheduler PeopleBooks > Defining System Purge Options > Access the Purge Settings page.
Purge Settings page
Use the Purge Settings page to empty the PeopleSoft Process Scheduler tables and file system. This operation will schedule the Application Engine program PRCSYSPURGE.
The PRCSYSPURGE program performs the following:
* Updates statistics to all of the process request tables before deleting content.
* Purges all process requests with a last update date that is past the Days Before Purge value for the specified run statuses.
* Deletes all of the subdirectories in the Log_Output directory that are associated with the process requests that are purged from the process request table if the Purge Process Files option was specified.
* Purges the report repository tables with expired dates, based on the specified number of retention days.
* Deletes all directories from the report repository that are associated with processes purged from the report repository tables.
* Schedule the Application Engine PRCSRVCLN program if more than one active Process Scheduler server exists. PRCSRVCLN cleans up the Log/Output directory for all active servers.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms