EGL: We Cannot Fix A Partially Posted Interunit Journal So The Rest Of It Can Be Posted
(Doc ID 634586.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 14, 2022
Applies to:PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 8.4 SP1 to 8.8 SP1 [Release 8.4 to 8.8]
PeopleSoft Enterprise FIN General Ledger - Version 9.2 to 9.2 [Release 9]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This document was previously published as Customer Connection Solution 200943518
***Checked for relevance on 09-Mar-2018***
***Checked for relevance on 12-Aug-2019***
Steps to Replicate
1. An InterUnit journal created as an Adjusting Journal for accounting period 998 has been processed.
2. In Open Periods in Ledgers for a Unit specified the adjustment period as 998 and the Is Open check box was checked for all Business Units.
3. However, the Adjustment Year field was only filled in for two of the four business units.
4. The journal was Edited and Budget Checked using the process scheduler and when complete the values for Journal Status and Budget Status were all "V" for all Business Units.
5. Then the journal was run through Post
6. The result was two Business Units were posted but the rest were not and the Journal Status for the ones not posted was changed to "E".
7. Realizing the problem with the Adjustments Year field in Ledgers for a Unit, proper values were entered and the pages saved.
8. Re-editing the journal was attempted for just remaining business units The process ran successfully but the status did not change.
9. We are unable to do anything to this journal now to try to get the remaining business units posted.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|For the immediate issue, you will need to correct via SQL.|