Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel eConfigurator - Version 8.1  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 12-DEC-2014***
Customer is having the following issue of not getting the proper definition of the promotion during import xml through workspace projects from one environment to other environment.
1. Create a CP with the below structure:
Test Promotion (Bundled Promotion)
|_ Test Prod (Customizable Product) with few check boxes checked.
|_ Class 1 with domain definition with the products Prod A1, Prod B1
|_ Class 2 with domain definition with the products Prod A2, Prod B2
2. Create a Workspace Project and add the promotion "Test Promotion" and do an export contents with the menu option using "Full Structure" option.
3. Goto another environment and try to import the same xml which has been generated in step 2 using workspace-> import contents option.
4. Promotion gets imported, but the product will not be associated with the promotion.
5. The same works perfectly fine if the product is a simple product.
Promotion should get imported successfully with the complete definition of the promotion and the products associated to it.
In case of Promotion import with Customizable Products it is not getting the information of the products in to the new environment.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms