Unable To Load Communications Driver error when using Genesys Open Media CTI Driver
(Doc ID 1116831.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 28, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CTI - Version 22.214.171.124  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer has implemented CTI with Genesys Gplus Drivers, he is using two CTI Drivers from Genesys, the regular GPlus driver for Voice and the Gplus Driver OpenMedia for email and chat.
The Gplus Driver for OpenMedia channels (email and chat) fails to load in case the user already has a Gplus Driver OpenMedia session opened. The GPlus Driver for OpenMedia support ONLY a single session running at the same time.
When the user try to open a second session in Geneses Gplus Driver for OpenMedia the following errors can be observed:
"Unable to load communications driver. Unable to create a Service object from driver GenCommDrv with channel string email, chat (SBL-CSR-00501)" in the Siebel User Interface.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Login a Siebel CTI user
2. Make sure the Genesys Voice and Genesys OpenMedia driver were able to load and are working as expected.
3. Receive an email from Genesys to confirm that Genesys OpenMedia is working.
4. Cause an Internet Explorer hangs and because of that kills the Internet Explorer in Windows Task Manager since the IE Session is hanging.
5. As the Internet Explore session running Siebel freeze/hang and we have to kill the process the Siebel Object Manager session with the CTI session opened will keep running in the background.
6. Try to login the same user again, the Gplus Driver for OpenMedia will fail this time and the user will receive "Unable to load communications driver. Unable to create a Service object from driver GenCommDrv with channel string email, chat (SBL-CSR-00501)" message.
In case of an IE hang/freeze or crash the user will open a new IE and at this point the user will have two Siebel Object Manager session running but as the Gplus Driver OpenMedia was not able to start he can only receive phone calls and NO email or chat interaction.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!