LOY Transactions Created By Transaction Engine Are Given Organization Of User Running The Component
(Doc ID 1507848.1)
Last updated on JULY 08, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Loyalty Engine - Version 126.96.36.199 SIA and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Loyalty Engine creates transactions itself i.e. point transfer or auto accrual, the transaction record created is given the organization of the user running the engine. This is typically SADMIN who belongs to the Default Organization. The result is that although the transaction is processed correctly, visibility to the transaction is compromised in specific screens i.e. a member trying to drill into one of these. This occurs with the Loyalty Batch Engine and Loyalty Realtime Engine.
- For the Point Transfer scenario, the following steps are taken:
1. Take standard Loyalty environment.
2. Login in as SADMIN who is part of Default Org.
3. Create Program etc and an accrual promotion to just award points based on transaction points.
3. Create member.
4. Create transaction.
5. Check realtime engine is running under SADMIN.
6. Process transaction.
7. Create new organization (LOY2)
8. Create new user in db and app called TEST1.
9. Create new position under new org.
10. Create new responsibility, add all views and link TEST1 to it.
11. Log into app as TEST1.
12. Create new loyalty program etc as before except everything to belong to LOY2.
13. Create member (LOY2MEM) and transaction.
14. Process transaction. Only the promotion within LOY2 should be applied.
15. Log in as SADMIN and process another transaction. Only promotion with Default Org should be applied.
16. At this point we have an environment where members can belong to different orgs and only the relevant promotions are applied.
17. Log in as TEST1.
18. Create the Admin - Point Transfer promotion in LOY2 as per Bookshelf.
19. Create a new member (LOYMEMX).
20. Create a transaction to transfer points from LOY2MEM member in LOY2 to LOYMEMX.
21. Process the transaction.
22. In the transactions view, in All Transactions, you will only see the original transaction created.
23. Go to All Transactions across Organizations and you will see the new transaction created by the engine.
24. For the new transaction, if you review the S_LOY_TXN and S_LOY_TXN_BU tables you will find that they have BU_ID set to the default org rather than LOY2.
- For Auto Accrual, the following steps are taken:
1. Create a "Child Member" and and associate to "LOY2" Organization
2. Create a "Parent Member" and associate to "LOY2" Organization
3. Drilldown in the Parent Member and go to "Child Members" View tab
4. Add "Child Member" member
5. Go back to the "Child Member" member > More Info view Tab
6. Set "Accrual To: "Parent Member" and a Auto Accrual Start Date
7. In the "Parent Member" go to Transactions
8. Create an ACCRUAL > PRODUCT Transaction for 50 Points
9. Process it
10. A REDEMPTION > Auto Accrual is AUTOMATICALLY created
11. However, the "Organization" is still set to "Default Organization" which is NOT expected - it should be LOY2
12. Go to the Parent Member > Transaction
13. An ACCRUAL > Auto Accrual is AUTOMATICALLY created and set to "Default Organization" - it should be LOY2
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document