Delete Fails On Business Component With Errors (ORA-01723) (ORA-06550) (SBL-DAT-00236) (ORA-00932) (SBL-DBC-00111)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 8.1.1  to 22.214.171.124  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When trying to delete a record, the following error occurs:
Steps to Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps, using the Account Business Component as an example:
1. Configure auditing on a "Note" Business Component (or a field based on a column named TEXT that is of Type LONG) such as the following:
Account Private Note
2. Go to the Accounts tab.
3. Select an Account record.
4. Define a child Note for the selected Account.
5. Delete the parent Account record.
6. Requery for the Account record.
Result: Error message is displayed and the Account record still exists: the Account is not deleted.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms