Error Using 'FINS Data Transfer Utilities' Method: 'DataTransfer'
(Doc ID 1588218.1)
Last updated on MARCH 17, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade of Siebel HTIM application from 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124, facing issue with FINS Data Transfer Utilities Business Service which was working fine in 126.96.36.199
Note: Please note that the process is working perfectly in 188.8.131.52.
ObjMgrBusServiceLog InvokeMethod 4 0000000251cd0b7c:0 2013-06-28 16:38:21 Begin: Business Service 'FINS Data Transfer Utilities' invoke method: 'DataTransfer' at 17a6fc78
ObjMgrBusServiceLog Error 1 0000000251cd0b7c:0 2013-06-28 16:38:21 (fadatatrnsvc.cpp (3690)) SBL-APS-00244: External exception occurs in the Data Transfer Utilities.
ObjMgrBusServiceLog InvokeMethod 4 0000000251cd0b7c:0 2013-06-28 16:38:21 Business Service 'FINS Data Transfer Utilities' invoke method 'DataTransfer' Execute Time: 0.000 seconds.
ObjMgrBusServiceLog InvokeMethod 4 0000000251cd0b7c:0 2013-06-28 16:38:21 End: Business Service 'FINS Data Transfer Utilities' invoke method: 'DataTransfer' at 17a6fc78
There is a custom workflow process built on “Order Entry (Sales)” business object.
The primary BC for “Order Entry (Sales)” BO is “Order Entry – Orders”
- First step in the workflow is to create an Invoice Header, which we use FINS Data Transfer Utilities. This step earlier gave us the error “SBL-APS-00244: External exception occurs in the Data Transfer”.This steps work fine if we remove the InitBC and InitBO parameters.
- There is another step in the workflow that creates the invoice line Items in the created Invoice header
- This step fails with “SBL-APS-00244: External exception occurs in the Data Transfer. We have more steps in this workflow and many workflows using FINS Data Transfer Utilities.
We found documentation and suggestions to remove the InitBO input argument. This does not work.
Approaches tried for step 2 above:
1) Removed the InitBO and InitBC parameters from the step
Results: No Invoice line items are created. There is another step in our workflow which checks whether the invoice line items are created. It errors out saying with our custom message that no invoice items found.
From the log files, we found that instead of querying on the Order Line items, a query on the Order header is made and thus no records are found.
2) Removed the InitBC input argument and kept the InitBO parameter intact
Results: Same as above
3) Removed the InitBO input argument and kept the InitBC parameter intact
Results: Got the following error
Error invoking service 'FINS Data Transfer Utilities', method 'DataTransfer' at step 'Add Parent Promotion Line'.(SBL-BPR-00162)
A record that contains identical values to the record you have created already exists.
If you would like to enter a new record, please ensure that the field values are unique.(SBL-DAT-00381)
Siebel 184.108.40.206  High Tech and Manufacturing Call Center
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document