Open UI: Calling a business service during ShowSelection causes a loop
(Doc ID 1667261.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 22, 2019
Applies to:Siebel Sales - Version 184.108.40.206  to 220.127.116.11  [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 02-Feb-2016.
A custom Presentation Model shall invoke a business service when the user changes to another record. This was implemented by adding a method to the ShowSelection call.
The business service is called in an infinite loop until the browser tab crashes. ("Aw, snap" page in Chrome)
When commenting out the call to the business service, the issue does not happen.
Siebel 18.104.22.168 Open UI
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox (not tested with IE)
The business service should get called once.
The business service gets called in an infinite loop.
By following these steps the issue can be reproduced:
1. Create a custom PM.
2. Create a SelectionChange() function that calls a business service.
3. Add this method to ShowSelection (via AddMethod().)
4. Register the PM in custom_manifest.xml.
5. Associate the PM to an applet in manifext_extensions.map.
6. Clear all caches and start a Siebel session.
7. Navigate to the applet of step 5.
8. Step through the records.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document