Siebel Server (siebsvc.exe) on Windows Server 2008 R2 crashes when Siebel Server service is stopped.
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel eConsumer - Version 220.127.116.11 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
With the following condition, Siebel Server (siebsvc.exe) crashes.
1) Platform is Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
2) Debug Tool such as Debug Diagnostic Tool v1.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26798) or Debug Diagnostic Tool v2.0 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40336) is installed and configured to capture the crash on Siebel Server service.
3) Stop Siebel Server service.
- When the condition 2) is met, it always detects the crash and generate the dump file. Here is the call stack form the crash dump.
- When 2) is not met, dump file/crash*.txt may or may not be generated. When crash*.txt is generated, it shows the following call stack.
- CALL STACK -
kernel32 +0x1336a = BaseThreadInitThunk() +0x12
ntdll +0x39f72 = RtlInitializeExceptionChain() +0x63
ntdll +0x39f45 = RtlInitializeExceptionChain() +0x36
** Crash occurs AFTER all the components are shutdown, therefore it does not cause the significant issue.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms