Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Orders - Version 184.108.40.206  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
There is inconsistent behavior of BS: ISS Promotion Management Service, Method: ApplyPromotion.
- If this BS runs from standard GUI, i.e. adding a new promotion to a quote, everything works fine.
- If it is called from a custom BS, the child root item of the promotion does not have field Cfg Type filled. In other words for NON-UI if you call ApplyPromotion by code, Cfg Type is not entered and empty for the components
If later a root item of such an asset or quote is being changed, a signal might be called which deletes all existing asset child items and add them as a new one.
This can be reproduced with BS simulator in standard Siebel.
- Create a quote and remember row id
- Create a promotion with a CP as component
- Remember promotion id and CP product id
- Goto BS simulator and create following lines:
- Service_spcName="ISS Promotion Management Service"
- Prod_spcProm_spcId="<promotion id>"
- Active_spcDocument_spcId="<Quote Id>"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms