Last updated on MARCH 24, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 8.1.1  to 15.7 [IP2015] [Release V8 to V15]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52  version, Siebel Marketing
The import mapping fields used in the Marketing List Import have been extended (by following Doc ID 842862.1) with a field (VFH MSISDN) from the Contact BC which is mapped to an S_CONTACT_X column (X_MSISDN). The import works correctly and data can be loaded into this field but it cannot be used for 'Exact Match'. When this field is set for Exact Match the import process creates a new record. However, custom fields mapped to extension columns on S_CONTACT work when Exact Match is set.
The customer expects the Exact Match to work for custom fields mapped to S_CONTACT_X in the same way as fields mapped to extension columns on S_CONTACT.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a new column on S_CONTACT_X table called 'X_MSISDN'
2. Create a new field 'VFH MSISDN' in Contact BC mapped to S_CONTACT_X.X_MSISDN
3. Create a new column on S_CONTACT_IMPT table called 'X_MSISDN'
4. On the 'Contact Stager' BC create a new field called 'VFH MSISDN'
5. Add a user property to the 'Contact Stager' BC with following values:
Name: Map:Contact.VFH MSISDN
Value: Contact Stager.VFH MSISDN:S_CONTACT_IMPT_X.X_MSISDN
6. On the 'Contact Integation Object_SIA' IO, 'Contact' IC add the 'VFH MSISDN' field
7. On the 'Contact Disp Integration Object_SIA' IO, 'Contact' IC add the 'VFH MSISDN' field
8. Compile the objects into the SRF
9. Go to Administration - Marketing > Import Mappings and create a new import mapping using the 'VFH MSISDN' field with Exact Match = Y, e.g.
Field Number Object Name Field Name Allow Field Updates Exact Match Column
a. Contact Last Name
b. Contact First Name
c. Contact Email Address 2
d. Contact VFH MSISDN Y
e. Contact Integration Id
f. Contact Comment Y
g. Contact Middle Name
10. Create a new import job via Administration - Marketing > Import, e.g.
Source Type: Text File
Main Object: Contact
Import Mapping: contact_new_email_update
Import Mode: Import new records
Match Resolution Guideline: Overwrite Existing Record
File Selection: Use exact file name
File Name: contact_new_email_update
Data Type: Comma Separated
Header Row Included: Y
11. Activate the job.
12. Confirm that the Contact was inserted rather than updating the existing Contact.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms