Last updated on MARCH 03, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11  to 18.104.22.168.17 [IP2013] [Release V8]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.17 [IP2013] version, Comms Server & Email Response
When replying to inbound emails on the communications screen sporadically the Comm Outbound Item Form Applet New does not show the Email Body after the user enter some text in the reply email message just above the Thread ID. After click on Send button the Email Body disappears and get replace by characters "<--". The email is sent, but the receiver also get a blank email message or with the strange characters in the email body..
The issue occurs sporadically but very frequently using Chrome or IE or Firefox using HTML email body.
After click on Send button on Comm Outbound Item Form Applet New the email body should keep showing and the message body should be sent.
The issue can NOT be reproduced at will, but when it happens the steps are:
1. Login to Siebel, make sure the Email Format is set to HTML
2. Go to Site Map > Communications> Communications List
3. Click on Reply to a inbound email message
4. After enter some text in the reply message in Comm Outbound Item Form Applet New click on Send button.
5. Sometime the email body disappears.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms