How To Restrict Users To Select A LOV Value From UI But Make It Selectable From Workflow
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 184.108.40.206 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for relevance 30-Jan-2017**
Requirement: We have a LOV value 'Discount Approval in Progress' in Quote status. This is used to identify if the Quote is pending for Discount approval.
Users do the below operations to change Quote status = 'In Progress' to 'Submitted to Customer':
1. Initially Quote has status = 'In Progress'
2. User select status = 'Submitted to Customer' & a WF triggered, which initiate the Discounting process
3. WF change the Quote status to 'Discount Approval In Progress'
4. Quote become READ-ONLY in this status
5. When this Quote approved by approver then Quote status is updated to 'Submitted to Customer'
State Model is enabled in Quote Status & a transition is defined from Status = 'In Progress' to 'Discount Approval In Progress'
We want to restrict 'Discount Approval In Progress' LOV value such a way that user will not be able to select this value from UI, but it can be populated only by WF.
Could you please suggest how to achieve this?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms