How To Restrict Users To Select A LOV Value From UI But Make It Selectable From Workflow
(Doc ID 2047811.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 07, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 220.127.116.11 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for relevance 1-Nov-2018**
Requirement: We have a LOV value 'Discount Approval in Progress' in Quote status. This is used to identify if the Quote is pending for Discount approval.
Users do the below operations to change Quote status = 'In Progress' to 'Submitted to Customer':
1. Initially Quote has status = 'In Progress'
2. User select status = 'Submitted to Customer' & a WF triggered, which initiate the Discounting process
3. WF change the Quote status to 'Discount Approval In Progress'
4. Quote become READ-ONLY in this status
5. When this Quote approved by approver then Quote status is updated to 'Submitted to Customer'
State Model is enabled in Quote Status & a transition is defined from Status = 'In Progress' to 'Discount Approval In Progress'
We want to restrict 'Discount Approval In Progress' LOV value such a way that user will not be able to select this value from UI, but it can be populated only by WF.
Could you please suggest how to achieve this?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document