Barcode Toolbar Missing In Open UI
(Doc ID 2051799.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 20, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Field Service - Version 188.8.131.52 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Barcode toolbar missing in Open UI plus two other issues.
Barcode toolbar missing in Open UI
On 184.108.40.206 , in Open UI we have performed the required steps in our Open UI environment to enable barcode toolbar for doing barcode scan:
But still the barcode toolbar is not visible in our Open UI instance. However it is visible in the High Interactivity instance of the same version of Siebel (220.127.116.11)
On 18.104.22.168, in Open UI while performing QuickSearch operation by scanning any barcode or manually entering barcode using Ctrl+\+barcode+Ctrl+\, error message pops up:
Unable to load message
But once user click on OK in the popup it navigates user to the corresponding page.
After issue 2 is fixed, while performing QuickSearch operation by scanning any barcode or manually entering barcode using Ctrl+\+barcode+Ctrl+\, it doesn't work for Firefox browser.
It works correctly for Chrome and IE browsers.
Using Firefox, scanning any barcode gets the same error as Issue 2; it does nothing manually entering barcode, it just sits at the Home page and does not navigate to where the record is.
1. Barcode toolbar should be visible Open UI application, 22.214.171.124.
2. The QuickSearch in Find using scanned or manually entered barcode should work correctly in finding the record in Open UI, 126.96.36.199.
3. The QuickSearch in Find using scanned or manually entered barcode should work correctly for Firefox browser.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Modify the config file publicsector.cfg to include "ShowBarcodeToolbar = TRUE" in between the existing parameters "MessageBarUpdateInterval" and "DataSource" under [Siebel] section.
The publicsector.cfg is in siebsrvr\bin\enu folder.
2. Set the Open UI Object Manager Parameter "Barcode Toolbar Enable Flag" to "True" on the Public Sector Object Manager component.
3. Restart the Public Sector component.
1. Log into publicsector_enu application, 188.8.131.52 Open UI.
2. Create barcode mapping for Service Request in Administration - Service > Barcode Mappings.
You can create by copying the existing record having Entry Mode = Service Request, Process Mode = Find, Application Name = Siebel Field Service; and set the Application Name = Siebel Public Sector for the copied record.
and relogin to Public Sector application.
3. Click on magnifier icon (search symbol), Find will appear.
4. Scroll down Find to get to QuickSearch, choose 'Service Request'.
5. Entering CTRL + \ + barcode + CTRL + \ in the textbox .
This is manually entering barcode rather by scanning with a barcode scanner.
Press CTRL key and hold it, and press \ while holding CTRL key, enter the barcode right after \, right after barcode enter CTRL key and hold it, and press \ while holding CTRL key.
The CTRL+\ are invisible in the UI when you are entering them, they serve as delimiters for enclosing the barcode between 2 delimiters.
At this point, it should find the record and display it in the 'All Service
Request List View'. But it does nothing.
This happens to service_enu also which is Siebel Field Service application.
The same steps as Issue 2 with Firefox browser.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!