Performance Tuning Guidelines for Siebel CRM Application on Oracle Database
(Doc ID 2077227.1)
Last updated on JULY 17, 2021
The purpose of this document is to clarify the formal Oracle Database configuration settings for Siebel CRM applications. Its primary goal is to provide the required settings relevant to the Cost-Based Optimizer (CBO) in Oracle Database 10g, 11g and 12c where it is the database platform for Siebel CRM applications.
The document covers the following topics:
- Cost Based Optimizer Statistics (including Oracle recommended SQL Script to Collect Optimizer Statistics for a Siebel Database - coe_siebel_stats.sql)
- Setting CBO-related Oracle Parameters (11g and 12c)
- Monitoring SQL Performance (Siebel Log files, Siebel Workload Tagging, Siebel SQL Tagging, SQLT)
- Siebel Configuration Guidelines for Performance (tuning considerations, recommendations, stored outlines, SQL Plan management)
- Troubleshooting (known issues list)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!