CRM Desktop Crashing Outlook With Auto Saved Option Set To True
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel CRM Desktop - Version 188.8.131.52.17 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
CRM Desktop is crashing Outlook when creating a Service Request or Opportunity in the CRM Desktop client and the record is not completed in 4 minutes. The outlook client crashes, closes Outlook and the user loses their work.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open Outlook Options, and got to Mails Tab.
Check the Flag for the Save Messages option and set the to 1 minute.
2. Open Outlook with CRM Desktop Installed.
3. Create new Opportunity (or SR) by clicking relevant button on toolbar (CRM Desktop sub-section)
4. Link Account (the issue will not happen if you do not link account)
5. Do not press 'Save' and just wait 3 - 5 minutes.
6. Outlook will get crashed in few minutes.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms