Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Siebel Universal Customer Master - Version 22.214.171.124.16 [IP2013] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.16 [IP2013] version, Universal Customer Master
When a new record followed by 2 updates are sent to UCM within a short interval and consumed by UCM through a JMS Receiver:
a) the first record (new record) is not published.
b) the second publish actually publishes the first record received ( "the original new record" )
c) the third publish publishes the "second" record received.
That is, UCM is publishing the record processed before the current one and for the first record it does not publish anything.
The current record processed should always be the one published.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a record in the 3rd party application and then update it twice all within a very short time interval.
2. Put the new record and the 2 updates in a JMS queue.
3. Have a JMS Receiver pick each record and process sequentially on a very fast machine.
4. Notice the first publish task does not find the "new"record and does not publish anything.
5. The second publish task finds the "new" record instead of the first update and publishes the "new" record.
6. The third publish task finds the "first update" record and publishes it instead of the "second update".
It publishes one record earlier.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, publish is not happening for the currently processed record and in scenarios where a fresh new record is processed, the new record is not published.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms