Apply/Generate DDL on Tools Fails With ORA-01017 If Password Contains Lowercase
Last updated on MAY 07, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.0 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On IP2016 Siebel Tools Client,
When Siebel Tools Client local database (Oracle XE) is initialized from DbXtract, password may contain lower case characters. However, 'Apply/Generate DDL' operation on Table object fails with the following error.
28000 : [tp][ODBC Oracle driver][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password: logon denied
Following are the steps to reproduce the issue.
1) Run DbXtract for client=EMP007
2) At Tools client login box, enter EMP007 as username and emp007 as password.
3) Initialization succeeds. Using SQL*Plus, make sure password is emp007 (with lowercase characters).
4) Using Tools connected to LOCAL_XE, add some extension columns.
5) Click 'Apply/Generate DDL' then 'Generate DDL'.
6) Provide necessary parameter then click 'Generate DDL' button.
** When the password emp007 was changed to EMP007 using SQL*Plus then performed the above steps, Apply/Generate DDL finished without error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms