Last updated on JULY 28, 2016
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 16.0 [IP2016] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. we noticed that in Tools, you can no longer delete any records that were not created in the current workspace. Is there a way around this?
It is especially an issue for applet layout editing : you can no longer remove a control/list column in the web template editor (or in the Tools explorer menu). So please also advise how to properly edit applet layouts (that means including removing existing controls/buttons/list columns).
2. After IP2016, Siebel still provides Tools version and siebdev utility can be used for export/import SIF out of Repository? Only Dev user simulator for making and publishing changes?
3. Did not understand why DDL does not come into picture. As changes to tables done through composer goes to Repository. Then, how does these changes reflects in table in DB? Publish will automatically does this part? What happens to Indices (ex: functional index) in Siebel DB those does not match exactly with Repository?
5. Composer - function does not appear to work when 'EnableComposer' has been set to TRUE against the object manager. We're getting the following errors in the log:
6. In both situations, neither of the icons (Workspace icon or the hammer icon) appear in the top right corner of application when the parameters have been set to TRUE.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms