Open UI Browser Script: Confirm Message Box, Lost Application Control In IE11
Last updated on JANUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 15.11 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Open UI Browser Script: Confirm message box, loses application control in IE11
User has a confirm message box by using confirm in browser script.
But in IE11, when the message box displayed, the main application window loses focus and another background application displayed at background.
After clicking OK button in the message box, the Siebel application is back to focus.
The above issue is not noticed with Chrome.
1. Using Siebel Tools, navigate to "Action" Business Component.
2. Add the following browser script to "Action" BC:
3. Compile "Action" BC and launch Siebel Financial Services Application.
4. Make sure Windows Explorer is maximized and lying underneath Siebel Application.
5. Navigate to "My Activities".
6. Change the value of "Priority" field from old value to "1-ASAP".
7. Step off the record.
8. You would see now see Confirm Message Box popping up, but Windows Explorer underneath this Confirm Message Box and not Siebel Application.
9. This issue happens with IE 11 Browser only and not with Chrome.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms