Full Compile / WS Delivery (for Example) Is Very Slow Starting from 16.17 | 17.0
Last updated on MAY 22, 2018
Applies to:Siebel Tools - Version 16.17 [IP2016] to 16.18 [IP2016] [Release V16]
Siebel Tools - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
It has been observed that a full compile on a fresh merged repository from upgrade takes very long.
Documentation - Siebel 188.8.131.52 Local Tools Compile Hangs, Slow SQL around Integration Objects, Full Compile Very Slow Performance when Compiling from Local Database. (Doc ID 1904272.1) (for IP2013) recommends compiling against the server database, but this is not applicable and the following details have been observed:
- Tested compile against server database,
- Tested compile for different users and different machines. same behaviour,
- Explicitly turned of virus protection during compile, same behaviour,
- Checked the tools log for slow queries and did not find queries with excessive execution times,
- The biggest stumbling block seem to be integration objects again, it almost looks like tools is taking at least 5 - 10 minutes per integration object to compile.
Has this behaviour been observed for IP2016, i.e. is this a known issue? What can be done about it?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms