After a LOV record Is Deleted It should NOT Be Present Anymore in Siebel User Interface, that is Siebel Web Client, Siebel Tools and Siebel Web Tools
(Doc ID 2441432.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 21, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When deleting a List of Value (LOV) record from Siebel User Interface (Tools/Web Tools/ Web Client) , the LOV record is not actually removed from the Siebel User Interface.
The LOV record keep showing in the List of Values and the only indication that the LOV record has been deleted is that column Inactive is checked.
The Siebel Administrator expectation is that ONLY records with Inactive unchecked should show up in the List of Values, since this new column in S_LST_OF_VAL table column WS_INACTIVE_FLG is set to Y when the record is deleted. This is also confusing since the legacy Active column in the list applet still shows checked.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
Use case 1(scenario reported and reproduced in Siebel 18.5 version):
1. Login to Tools and create a child workspace.
2. In the child workspace, create more custom LOV values for any LOV type.
3. Deliver the child workspace together with a config change: new LOVs appear in the main workspace and are available in the application.
4. Using a child workspace , delete some of the created LOVs.
5. Deliver the child workspace, together with a config change.
6. Check that in the main workspace, the deleted LOVs still appear: They have both Inactive and Active fields set to "Y".
Use case 2(scenario reported and reproduced in Siebel 21.3 version):
1. Go to Site Map> Administration - Data screen
2. Select List of value view
3. Create a new LOV record
4. Try to delete the LOV record that was just created. Notice this message: "WARNING: Deleting this record will cause cascaded deletion of all its children and its grand-children. Are you sure you want to proceed?"
5. Press OK button. The record disappears
6. Search again for the LOV. Notice that the LOV is still present with Inactive and Active checked.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document