ORA-01036 Error When Trying To Delete A Record With Audit Trail Enabled
(Doc ID 2512553.1)
Last updated on MARCH 12, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.12 to 19.7 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade from 18.11 to 18.12 While deleting record in Account or contact Entity encountered an error: "ORA-01036 - illegal variable name/number" where Audit Trail is enabled along with "Assoc" Operation
Note: Observed if we remove Assoc checkbox at Audit trail able to delete record
"ORA-01036 - illegal variable name/number"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in 2 different scenario's:
1. In Administration - Audit Trail, check 'assoc' and 'delete' for the BC
2. Add a record that uses the BC updated in Admin - Audit Trail
3. Delete the record, error occurs
1. In Administration - Audit Trail, select any BC record
2. Delete the record
3. Error occurs
1. Go to Administration Audit Trail
2. Create a new record and give Account to enable Audit for Account BC
3. Make sure New, Delete, Assoc and Update are checked
4. Click on Child Buscomp tab and add 'Account/Action' link under it
5. Go to Siebel tools set the Cascade Delete property for the above link to Delete
6. Go to Accounts screen and drilldown on Account>>Activities
7. Add a couple of activities for the account
8. Navigate to the account list and delete the account
9. Query for the Account throws Error ORA-01036: illegal variable name/number
10. Shows up that account is not deleted
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document