Siebel Portlet Not Rendered After Refresh In Chrome And Firefox when Caching is enabled in Tomcat
(Doc ID 2519350.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 24, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 16.0 [IP2016] to 19.2 [Release V16 to V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
If the caching on Siebel Tomcat is enabled, Siebel Portlet is not rendered after refresh in Chrome and Firefox.
If in Chrome or Firefox the cache is cleared after refresh it comes OK.
The rendering should be possible for specified browsers after refresh
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Edit the web.xml Tomcat file from [siebel_root]/ai/applicationcontainer/conf in order to enable the cache functionality, as seen in the official Tomcat Doc:
2. Add following cache filter configuration :
3. Restart the AI Tomcat server
The portlet cannot be loaded/displayed after refreshing it in the browser.
Example of he portlet URL:
First time it is entered it displays correctly.
After refreshing the browser (refresh button or F5):
- in Chrome the page/portlet is blank
- Firefox the page/portlet is blank
- Internet Explorer the page/portlet is OK.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document