Siebel 18.x Gateway Clustering Questions
(Doc ID 2583687.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 09, 2019
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 18.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer was implementing Siebel Gateway Clustering on 18.x and had below questions for their setup.
1. For clustering Siebel Gateway servers, I think we need to select new installation from wizard for 2 Gateway installations. Is this correct?
2. Do we need to install AI first of Gateway first ?
3. After Siebel Gateway installation, Gateway configuration and Gateway deployment, if the business sanity check fails, then how can we revert back to original state?
4. After installing 2 additional Gateway servers, can we make one of the newly installed Gateway server as primary?
5. If any Disaster and one of the Gateway server goes down then we will be having 2 Active Gateway servers. Can you confirm if it is okay to have even number for 2 Active Gateway servers? As per documentation from oracle we were supposed to have odd number of Gateways for clustering implementation.
6. When a user requests a new application connection, Siebel Application Interface sends a request to Siebel Gateway, which returns a connect string for the least-loaded Application Object Manager from among the Siebel Servers supporting that component. In a clustered environment is there any way to check which user request handled by which Gateway server via AI ?
7. Is it mandatory to install three different instances of gateway on different nodes?
8. Is it ok to install two more gateway on the same host but on different ports to achieve clustering?
9. Can clustering be done after initial setup of environment? For example, right now I'm already having working environment on 18.9 so can I simply install two more instances of gateway and add them to the cluster?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document