Multiple Email - Inbound Activities Created for the Same Inbound Email (Duplicate Activities) When Using IMAP
(Doc ID 2632886.1)
Last updated on JUNE 07, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 22.214.171.124 SIA  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Communications Inbound Receiver is creating multiple Email - Inbound activities for a single email on the mailbox been monitored by Email Response Response Group. Also the emails are not getting deleted from Email Server mail box.
The expected behavior for the Communication Inbound Receiver(CommInboundRcvr) component is to create an Email - Inbound activity the email received in Siebel and after that the email is deleted from the mailbox.
But the emails are NOT getting deleted from the mailbox (mails are accumulating on mailbox), resulting in multiple duplicate activities created in Siebel as the emails are processed again and again.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Use the Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver for connecting to the email server.
1) Configure the Response Group to connect to a Exchange 365 mail box at Site Map>Administration - Communications>All Response Group
2) Restart the Communications Inbound Receiver (CIR) component
3) The CIR component instantiate the Internet SMTP/IMAP Server driver and start pulling the email from the Exchange 365 mailbox
4) CIR processes the email and creates an activity in Siebel Application type Email - Inbound, the user can go to Site Map>Communications and see the activity.
5) Checking the mail box on Exchange 365 we can see the email processed on step 4) is still there in the mail box.
6) After several minutes a new activity is created in Siebel for the same email already processed in step 4) in Site Map>Communications
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document