Timeout And Certificate Related Error Messages When Playing TestScript Using Chrome
(Doc ID 2677624.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 01, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] to 20.8 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to run Siebel Test Automation scripts using Chrome browser the TestScript failed to run.
After the Siebel User Login using ?SWECmd=AutoOn and select a TestScript and click PLAY button to play it, a second Chrome window is opened but it show the Certificate Error:
And after a while the Chrome window close and a new Chrome window is opened that shows Test Case Report with error below:
|Test Step Description||Action||Target Object||Inputs||Choice of Closing Action||Log||Result||Comments||Screenshot||End TimeStamp(Time taken in sec)|
|TCStart||TestLoginFindSearchLogout||TestCase Execution Started at: 2020/06/04 13:48:23||STARTED|
|Launch||Siebel Universal Agent;SADMIN;Y||Login page did not load in the given time. Check if AutoOn is enabled or if the format of URL is correct. URL:'https://<AI FQDN hostname>/siebel/app/callcenter/enu?SWECmd=AutoOn'||FAIL||Click here||2020/06/04 13:48:36(13s)|
|TCEnd||TestLoginFindSearchLogout||TestCase Execution Ends at: 2020/06/04 13:48:38||COMPLETED|
The Siebel Application Interface is using self-signed certificates or certificates signed by a local CA (Certificate Authority), but the certificate have been imported in the Windows Trusted Root Certification Authorities as per Document IP 17 Certificate Errors On Login Page (Doc ID 2433682.1)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Open Chrome and call Siebel URL Siebel URL with ?SWECmd=AutoOn at the end for enable the TestAutomation Camcorder Toolbar.
- The SIebel Application Login Page show up, notice that Chrome does not show any Certificate error and Siebel Login page show immediately. Besides the URL it show "Not Secure" in red but the Login page show up.
- Siebel user enter the credentials and Siebel Application show up, click on right top corner CamCorder icon
- The Test Script Panel opens
- Select a Test Script
- Click on Play
- After a while DISA launches a controlled Chrome browser but it show the Chrome certificate error page and after some seconds it close and open the Test Case Report with the error.
- It never played the TestScript.
It works fine in Firefox browser.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document