Test Automation Does Not Record Values Entered in MVG Fields
(Doc ID 2685868.1)
Last updated on JULY 01, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Siebel User recorded a query on a list applet where there is a MVG field. The recording includes the Siebel User selecting the MVG column on the list applet and paste or type a value to be search and than execute the query clicking on Enter key. Later when playing this TestScript the value type or enter on the MVG field/column is not enter on the playback and a query without the value enter in the MVG field is executed.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Login to Siebel Application using ?SWECmd=AutoOn
- The Camcorder icon show up on top right corner.
- The user click on it and in Recording Toolbar click on recording button and recording start
- User go to Contacts screen> Contact List View
- User click on Query button on Contact List Applet
- User copy or type on Account column to search for a specific Account for example account "ABC"
- User click enter and the query is execute showing the Contact with Account = ABC
- User stop recording.
- Now user Generate and Play the recording, but the playback never enter the value ABC type or paste on Account column and the query is executed without the search spec value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document