Workflow Deployment View Show a Form Applet After Upgrade To Siebel CRM 20.7 or Later
(Doc ID 2714242.1)
Last updated on JULY 04, 2023
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.7 to 20.9 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After applying Siebel CRM 20.7 update when navigating to Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Workflow Deployment there is no more the Active Workflow Processes tab to activate workflows.
The view now only shows a form applet on top named Repository Workflow Processes form and a child tab named Child Items where you can increase workflow monitoring levels.
In Siebel CRM 20.7 and later the view shows as below:
In Siebel CRM 20.6 and previous versions the view shows as below:
Siebel developers and administrators are aware of the new Workflow in Workspace introduced in Siebel CRM 20.7 and later. Based on the Transfer or Information presentation "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview", workflow Activation is not required anymore and once a workflow is delivered to MAIN or Integration workspace the workflow is available for Siebel Application using the given workspace. Siebel developers also understand that now inspecting workspace for a given Dev workspace is possible to review the workflow changes as any other repository object such as applet and business components.
But the new Workflow Deployment screen is not user-friendly to review the workflows available for the workspace since is a form applet.
Also is not very easy to set the workflow monitor level since a top applet is a form and the child applet is too and administrators/developers need to click the next record to load the next record and set the monitor level in case of multiple workflows require monitor level increased.
This change was introduced in Siebel CRM 20.7 and later versions due to the new Workflow in the Workspace model. For mode details about the new Workflow in the Workspace model review:
- "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview" Transfer of Information presentation at Document "Get Proactive - Oracle Applications Transfer of Information (TOI) Online Training (Doc ID 732026.1)" > on drop down "Choose a Product Line" select "Siebel" and search for the presentations available and click on "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview"
- Bookshelf > Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide > Chapter 1 Whats New in This Release > Whats New in Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide, Siebel CRM 20.7 Update
- Bookshelf> Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows > Chapter 1 What’s New in This Release > What’s New in Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows, Siebel CRM 20.7 Update > check link Inactivating Workflow Processes AND About Database Updates for Siebel CRM 20.x Update
- Bookshelf> Installation Guide for Unix > Chapter 1 What’s New in This Release > What’s New in Siebel Installation Guide for Microsoft Windows, Siebel CRM 20.7 Update > check link Inactivating Workflow Processes AND About Database Updates for Siebel CRM 20.x Update
- Siebel CRM Update Guides and Release Notes (Doc ID 2382435.1) > 20.7: Update Guide and Release Notes > Release Notes/Known Issues > and check:
- Recommendation: Run InactivateWFs before running Installer
- PostInstallDBSetup fails on if no workflow process is active(this applies to 20.7 only, bug fixed in 20.8)
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document