Workflow Instance Monitor View Shows Multiple Records For A Workflow With Status Active And Same Version After Update to 20.8
(Doc ID 2714646.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 28, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After update Siebel CRM Update 18.12 to Siebel CRM Update 20.8 the Workflow Instance Monitor view show multiples Active records for the same workflow and some records have the same Version too.
This is a sample screen shot for Site Map > Administration - Business Processes > Workflow Instance Monitor in Siebel CRM 20.8:
The behavior can be reproduced with following steps:
- Create or modify workflow AA My Workflow in a development workspace under MAIN workspace
- Deliver the changes on development workspace to MAIN.
- Create two new integration workspaces int_A and int_B
- Create two new development workspaces dev_A and dev_B under int_A and int_B respectively
- Modify workflow AA My Workflow on dev_A and dev_B workspaces
- Deliver the changes made on dev_a and dev_B to their respective parent integration workspaces
- Navigate to Site Map > Administration - Business Processes > Workflow Instance Monitor, there are now 3 records all with status Active and some with duplicate versions.
- There is no easy way to identify which record corresponds to workflow where monitoring level has been increased in Site Map > Administration - Business Processes > Workflow Deployment in the current workspace.
In previous Siebel CRM 18.12 version when a workflow is Activated on runtime table (S_WFA_DPLOY_DEF) a record in Workflow Instance Monitor is created with same activated Version and Status. If the workflow is Deactivated or Activated again the record in Workflow Instance Monitor goes to Inactive Status too or a new record is created and previous one show Status Outdated. This makes easy to identify in Workflow Instance Monitor view which records corresponds to the current Active workflow in Runtime table (S_WFA_DPLOY_DEF) since it show the same Status and Version.
On the new Siebel CRM 20.8 Update a record is created in Workflow Instance Monitor view every time a workflow is delivered to a workspace, similar to Active on previous version. But it is difficult to identify the Workflow Instance Monitor record for the workspace where monitor level has been increased in Site Map > Administration - Business Processes > Workflow Deployment.
Installing Siebel CRM 20.8 Update on currently Siebel CRM 18.12 Update. The new Workflow in Workspace model has been introduced in Siebel CRM 20.7 and later version. For more details about the new Workflow in Workspace model review:
- "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview" Transfer of Information presentation at Document "Get Proactive - Oracle Applications Transfer of Information (TOI) Online Training (Doc ID 732026.1)" > on drop down "Choose a Product Line" select "Siebel" and search for the presentations available and click on "Siebel CRM 2020 TOI: Workflow in Workspaces Functional Overview"
- Bookshelf > Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide > Chapter 1 Whats New in This Release > Whats New in Siebel Business Process Framework: Workflow Guide, Siebel CRM 20.7 Update
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document