Upgrep Fails with Error ORA-22835: Buffer too small for CLOB to CHAR or BLOB to RAW conversion
(Doc ID 2725819.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 09, 2020
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Upgrep Fails with Error ORA-22835: Buffer too small for CLOB to CHAR or BLOB to RAW conversion in upgrep_dev_xx folder>output>ddlctl_tab.log
The issue can be reproduced at will with following steps:
- Query for a Standard Table which has a column of type of LONG, for example S_NOTE_CASE
- Extend the table by creating a new CLOB columns
- Apply to Datatabase from Siebel Tools, it will change standard column of type LONG to CLOB in Database which is explained in Why is Long Column Converted Automatically to Clob Column? (Doc ID 1156594.1).
- Run Upgrep (After installing required new Siebel version binaries etc)
- Upgrep fails with following errors in ddlctl_tab.log
Upgrade from version 16.19 to 20.8 with extended CLOB columns on tables with LONG columns
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document