Passing Variables By Reference To Functions In Siebel Smartscript Doesn't Work
(Doc ID 2737961.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 20, 2021
Applies to:Siebel SmartScript - Version 8.1  and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After Upgrade from Innovation Pack 2014 with System Preference "Enable ST Script Engine = FALSE" to Siebel CRM 20.9 Update (only Enable ST Script Engine = TRUE is supported) the SmartScript failed to set the input argument passed by reference to custom Scripts methods.
This works fine in Innovation Pack 2014 with System Preference "Enable ST Script Engine" = FALSE which is the mode been used. The proble is also observed in Innovation Pack 2014 when "Enable ST Script Engine" = TRUE, but currently this is NOT the mode used by customer. As from Siebel CRM 17.0 and higher disable ST Script Engineer is NOT supported anymore, this is affecting the Upgrade to 20.9 Update.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a simple SmartScript (SS) with one question only that will have Question text set by eScript code.
- On Site Map >Administration - SmartScript> Scripts select the SS and on Program tab add a function to set a variable value passed by reference, here is a sample code:
- On Site Map >Administration - SmartScript> Questions add some script code to event Question_Enter to call the function created on step above:
- Execute the SS the first question show as below:
- The expected value for question line 3 is "Updated value: 2" and not "Updated value: 1"
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document