No Workflow Process records listed in Workflow Process Monitoring Configuration View After Inspect A Workspace On Development Environment.
(Doc ID 2752487.1)
Last updated on MARCH 28, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.7 to 20.10 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After a Siebel Developer inspect a developer workspace (dev_xxxx) using Siebel Application some workflow fails to be executed and when navigating to Workflow Deployment view (up to 20.9) or Workflow Process Monitor Configuration view (20.10 and later) it shows zero workflows to setup monitor level, although all workflow object in the Repository with Inactive=N were listed before.
This can be more commonly observed when developing a particular workflow executed in Siebel Application Object Manager, when the developer is inspecting the changes made recently to the workflow.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Create a new development Workspace in Siebel Tools or Web Tools
- Select Workflow Process on Object Explorer and choose one workflow to edit
- Select “Edit Workflow Process”, and perform some changes like a new step.
- Validate Workflow, but do not Deliver it, the developer will inspect the new workflow in Siebel Application.
- Login back to your Siebel Application using the Siebel Web Client, go to “Workspace Dashboard” (clicking the cube icon on right top corner)
- Select the “In-Progress” Workspace created in step 1, and open it
- Click “Inspect” button to inspect the workspace
- Simulate the Workflow, for example from a custom button or from Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Simulator and execute Business Service "Workflow Process Manager" method "RunProcess" using input property ProcessName="workflow name"
- Verify results, as per changes introduced, the changes are executed with success for example inspect the Object Manager log with event trace high
- Navigate to Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Workflow Deployment (20.9-) or Workflow Process Monitoring Configuration View (20.10+)
- All the workflows that were listed and available on this view does NOT show up anymore. It show zero records and the user is not able to see the workflows delivered to current Runtime Repository OR set the Monitor Level
- If the developer close the workflow created on 1) and is back to MAIN workspace, still the views show NO workflow available no Runtime Repository tables (S_RR_WORKFLOW).
- At this point also if the user tried to execute any workflow that was not executed before on the Object Manager sessions the workflow fails indicating that it could not be found. Only workflow executed before the inspection still works.
- If there are multiple Object Manager instances/processes (Object Manager parameter MinMTServers > 1), only the instance/process where the inspect was executed show the behavior described in 11. , 12. and 13. items above. If the user logout and login back in and it is routed to a Object Manager instance where inspection was never executed the workflows works fine.
- After the Workspace created on step 1) is delivered, the updated Workflow is the ONLY Workflow Process listed on Site Map > Administration - Business Process > Simulator and execute Business Service "Workflow Process Manager" method "RunProcess" using input property ProcessName="workflow name" when the user is on the Object Manager instance where inspect was done.
Some other observations:
A) The behavior can be trigger by any workspace inspection, for example inspect a workspace with change a change on a Applet object trigger the behavior. So it is not required to inspect a workspace with a workflow change.
B) The behavior only affects Siebel Object Manager which has the option to inspect workspaces.
C) The behavior only affects Siebel Development environment (DR - Design Repository) environments which has the option to inspect workspaces.
D) Once a Object Manager instance is inspected the workflow usage get compromised, it works for the workflows changed on inspected workspaces, but any other workflow start to fail.
E) It only cause problem for the Object Manager instances where inspect was done, all the other Object Manager instances no the same Siebel Server or in a different Siebel Server works fine.
F) When inspecting the workflow no records is created on Workflow Instance Monitor even with Monitor Level set to 4.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document