Cannot Edit MainWin Regedit Ciphers Values On Linux Siebel Server
(Doc ID 2765563.1)
Last updated on APRIL 01, 2021
Applies to:Siebel eCommunications Call Center - Version 15.0 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Siebel Administrator need to edit the mainwin registry on Siebel Server to disable some ciphers on mainwin registry.
After source the environment variables and call the application regedit he mainwin registry show up.
The use navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/securityproviders/SCHANNEL/Ciphers/RC2 128/128 and select Enable DWORD, it popup the DWORD.
But when the user type any value on the field nothing happens, none of the key typed show up.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Open a XWindows with a Xterminal to Siebel Server running on LInux
2. Go to siebsrvr and source environment variables . ./siebenv.sh
3. Execute regedit
4. The mainwin regedit application show up
5. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Control/securityproviders/SCHANNEL/Ciphers/RC2 128/128
6. double click Enable DWORD
7. Try to type a new value in Value Data field on new popup applet, nothing the user type show up in the field.
The field is NOT in ready only mode, but still any number fro [0-9] or ABCDEF for hexadecimal values the user type does not take any effect.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document