Test Script Navigation Through Link Bar Is Not Been Captured In Recording When UPT Is Used OR Only Login & Logout Been Capture
(Doc ID 2783922.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 24, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] to 21.7 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to play a Test Script the following error occurs on the Test Script Report:
This is happening all the time on Test environment when playing a simple Test Script where the user go to Service Request screen, link on Service Request List link, on Service Request List Applet click on + to add a new Service Request.
Step to reproduce:
1) Login to Siebel Application, using on URL ?SWECmd=AutoOn to enable the recording panel.
2) Open the Recording panel on right top corner Record icon.
3) Click on Start button on recording toolbar.
4) Go to Service Request screen
5) Click on Service Request List view link
6) Click on + on Service Request List applet to add a Service Request
7) Enter a dummy Service Request record
8) Bring the recording toolbar back and Stop and Generate the Test Script.
9) Now play the Test Script generated click on Play button on recording panel. The play start but fails right after login and Test Script Report shows error "Object does not exist, please check the RN value."
The Report indicates that the click on Service Request List view link, step 5) above is missing.
Another behavior if the user only do a single navigation like above is to generate a simple Test Script with Login & Logout since the unique action executed was not captured.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document