CTMS - Unable to Associate Contact in Remote Client and Local Database or Use Certain Navigation Options in applet 'Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet'
(Doc ID 2799349.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 20, 2021
Applies to:Siebel Clinical - Version 15.18 [IP2015] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a Test / UAT environment, when trying to add/associate an existing Contact to the Contacts view in Site Management (Clinical Protocol Site Investigators Current View) - applet 'Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet', it is not possible to add the Contact whether to modify an Address for an existing site Contact.
In addition it is not possible to invoke any commands from the Menu of that applet (Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet), for example - Export, About Record or Columns Displayed.
The applet does a short reload and flickers. This behaviour is also seen if trying to change from a record to the next record in same Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet.
This only occurs when connected to Local Database with Remote / Mobile Web client; in Web or Dedicated Client, this works without such flickering problems.
As far as can be seen the same behaviour occurs with out-of-the-box SRF against the Local extracted Database.
There are no errors displayed in the local Client log file or browser console.
The Expected behaviour is that - such navigation actions as:
- Associating existing Contact in Site Management (Clinical Protocol Site Investigators Current View)
- trying Menu commands from the Applet (Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet), eg. Export or Columns Displayed
- moving from a record to the next in same Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet
should work fine with no issues.
Steps to replicate the problem:
1. Navigate to Site Management (Clinical Protocol Site Investigators Current View) in the Siebel Mobile Web Client (MWC) connected to Local Database;
2. Try to associate an existing Contact record and observe the results;
3. Try to start any command from Menu of the applet (Clinical Account Investigator Role List Applet), eg. Export or Columns Displayed or About Record - and observe the reported flickering/reload;
4. In same applet try to navigate to the next / previous record in that list - and see the outcome;
5. Repeat the above steps using Siebel Dedicated / Developer Client (Server Datasource) instead or Web Client (server session) - and compare the results and behaviour in these cases.
Due to this issue, Remote users cannot have the same experience when using these objects (view/applet) as the connected users have.
This could impact their completion of planned activities in a timely manner since same navigation behaves differently on the Local Client.
Data could be inconsistent or same actions need to be performed multiple times.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document