CommInbound Receiver Crashes Every 5 Minutes Due a Huge Single Email Message (50MB or more) After Upgrade/Upate to Siebel CRM 21.3
(Doc ID 2801207.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2021
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.3 to 21.8 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrade/update from Siebel CRM 20.3 to Siebel CRM 21.3 with the new Email Driver 64-bit as indicated on ALERT: How To Upgrade To JRE 64-bit support for Siebel IMAP and POP3 Driver for Email Response; Replaces 32-bit Driver From Siebel 21.3 and later (Doc ID 2761440.1) sporadically the Communications Inbound Receiver component start to crash every 5 minute with he following call stack on crash.txt file:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Setup new Email Driver introduced in Siebel 21.3 as indicated on ALERT: How To Upgrade To JRE 64-bit support for Siebel IMAP and POP3 Driver for Email Response; Replaces 32-bit Driver From Siebel 21.3 and later (Doc ID 2761440.1)
- Setup a single mail box to be monitored and confirm email are been processed
- Send a huge email message, for example an email with an attachment with more than 50MB (by default Email Server block large email, but on this particular case not)
- The new Internet SMTP/POP3 or IMAP Server driver fails to process the email sent on step 3.
- The email never arrives in Siebel and observing the component CommInboundRcvr it is now crashing in very high pace, like every 5 minutes.
- The only way to recover is to delete the large email message from the mail box.
- Also in the siebsrvr/bin folder a large amount of large files (about 100MB or more) are been created with name tempfile_xxxx.tmp
Upgrade/Update to Siebel CRM 21.3
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document