PostInstallDBSetup Is Failing When Using Defer Option on 21.10
(Doc ID 2822475.1)
Last updated on MAY 12, 2022
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 21.10 to 21.10 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 21.10 version, Installation
When attempting to execute PostInstallDBSetup (with defer option) after installing Siebel 21.10, the following error occurs in PostInstallDBSetup_DATE_Time/SeedSchemaManifest/Common/upd_sql.log
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Install Siebel 21.10.
2. Select "Defer-Generate DDL files only" when running the installer on 1st server.
3. Confirm that generate_schema=Y in the Setup.ini file and run PostInstallDBSetup.
4. Manually ran generate_schema.dll in the database.
5. Updated Setup.ini with generate_schema=A and re-ran PostInstallDBSetup.
6. It was completed with the errors above.
Siebel 21.10 installed.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document