Siebel Outbound API Call Going Through the SES Applicationcontainer Using OUTBOUNDSHA2 Subsystem Fails With Error "Connection timed out (Connection timed out)" Due To Proxy Server Configuration
(Doc ID 2876329.1)
Last updated on JUNE 29, 2022
Applies to:Siebel Life Sciences CRM - Version 17.0 [IP2017] and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An existing Siebel IP16 environment has been upgraded to Siebel 22.1 patchset version.
In the Siebel 22.1 environment, when testing an existing integration feature that invokes EAI HTTP Transport Business Service SendReceive method call to a 3rd party URL, it fails with an error.
The following error message occurs in the Siebel SES applicationcontainer catalina.out and siebeljbs_1.log files:
The behaviour occurs as follows:
1. Update the existing Siebel IP16 environment to 22.1 version by following the Siebel Bookshelf Upgrade documentation: https://docs.oracle.com/cd/F26413_28/books/UPG/index.html
2. Configure the Siebel application server environment to use the OUTBOUNDSHA2 subsystem and certificates as outlined in this KM article:
3. Start up the Siebel server services in the 22.1 environment.
4. Log into Siebel Client UI, navigate to the Business Service Simulator View.
5. Simulate a call to the EAI HTTP Transport Business Service SendReceive method call to a 3rd party URL, the request is routed to the SES applicationcontainer_internal and fails here with the reported error.
The Siebel application was upgraded from IP16 release to IP17 with patchset 22.1
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document