When "Save text template" Button is Used For Email Treatment Siebel URLs Sent by ESD Are Not Fully Encoded
(Doc ID 2903246.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 21, 2023
Applies to:Siebel Marketing - Version 22.1 to 22.9 [Release V17]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After upgrading Siebel CRM from IP16 to 22.1 and using EMS 22.1, issues with the encoding of response URLs in email campaigns appeared. In some cases, the first half of the URL is encoded, while the second half is not. In other cases, the encoding is improper and has introduced special characters such as "�". The email responses does not register in Siebel when clicking on the URLs in the campaign emails.
The issue was reproduced in Siebel 22.5 and EMS 22.5, using the following test steps:
- Create a marketing campaign, add an offer and email treatment.
- Drill down on the email treatment, add a html template.
- Push 'Save text template' button so besides the html template a new text template is created.
- Select Treatment details applet and in the 'Subscription list' field add a subscription list.
- Add a list to the campaign and perform allocation.
- Load and launch the campaign.
- Check the email sent by the campaign and click on 'Subscribe to list' button. A new page is open and expected message "You have subscribe to list" appears.
- Navigate to Campaign -> Track results but no response was created. Also checking in the email the link of trackable url it appears partially encoded.
- If the text template record is deleted from the treatment and campaign is launched again, then the 'Subscribe to list' url is working fine and expected response is created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document