Workflow Process Invoking Outbound REST Is Not Able To Get Response Hierarchy Back Into A Process Property
(Doc ID 2929142.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 20, 2023
Applies to:Siebel CRM - Version 20.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When invoking an Outbound REST Proxy Business Service Method from a workflow process step, the REST call is successful and the external system reutrns a response. However, the response message hierarchy is not returned/captured by the workflow process property.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Configure Siebel application to invoke an Outbound REST call to an external system.
The instructions from the following documentation was followed to perform initial configure/set up step:
a. Siebel Bookshelf > REST Guide > Chapter 6: Using Siebel REST Outbound Services > Creating an Outbound REST Service Based on an Open API Compliant JSON File
b. MOS KM article:
• IP17 How To Set Up And Test Outbound RESTFul API Services From Versions 17.0 - 20.7 (Doc ID 2409710.2)
• How To Set Up And Test Outbound RESTFul API Services From 20.8 Onwards (Doc ID 2739175.2)
2. Create a workflow process to invoke the Outbound REST Proxy Business Service Method as a workflow process step.
3. In the workflow process, at the process proeperties, create a custom process property as follows:
Property Name: RespMessage
Data Type: Hierarchy
4. In the workflow process, at the business service step that invokes the REST Proxy Business Service Method, go to the Output Arguments applet and add a record with the following:
Property Name: RespMessage ; the custom process property of Data Type = Hierarchy
Type: Output Argument
Output Argument: Res:200 ; the output argument name provided by the proxy business service method arguments list
5. Deliver the workflow process
6. Log into Siebel application and invoke the outbound REST call as follows:
a. Log into Siebel Client UI application
b. Navigate to the Business Service Simulator View
c. Specify the following:
Business Service: Workflow Process Manager
Input Argument applet:
ProcessName: <set this to the name of the workflow process created above>
d. Submit the simulation request.
7. The request is successful, a response is returned and the response is as follows according to the restoutbound.log file:
8. However, when reviewing the content of the RespMessage process property, nothing was saved here in the property. As a result of this, the content in the response cannot be accessed to retrieve the values from it.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document