Sun Fire [TM] SF3800/SF4800/SF4810/SF6800 - E4900/E6900 - V1280/E2900 - Netra 1280/1290 : Troubleshooting Power Supply Warnings or Failures
(Doc ID 1007049.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 05, 2020
Applies to:Sun Fire 4800 Server - Version Not Applicable to Not Applicable [Release N/A]
Sun Fire 4810 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire 6800 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Fire E4900 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
Sun Netra 1290 Server - Version Not Applicable and later
This document addresses power, voltage, or Power Supply Unit warnings or failures on Sun Fire [TM] 3800, 4800, 4810, E4900, 6800, E6900 and Sun Fire [TM] v1280, E2900, and Netra [TM] 1280, 1290 systems.
This document covers situations where the system is powered on, but warnings, errors, or suspected failed Power Supplies exist in the current configuration.
- If your system will not power on, see <Document 1010053.1> Troubleshooting Complete system Power Outages on Sun Fire [TM] Serengeti or LightWeight8 Systems.
- If you have a component that will not power on, see <Document 1013120.1> Troubleshooting "can't power on" component errors on Sun Fire [TM] Serengeti or LightWeight8 systems.
- The issue may be described as a "power supply failure".
- There may be no lights or LEDs lit on individual Power Supply Unit(s).
- There may be an amber LED ("wrench" or warning LED) lit on Power Supply Unit(s).
- There may be power warnings, voltage warnings, or i2c messages associated with a Power Supply Unit.
- The System Controller should be reachable and users should be able to login to it (domains likely unaffected as well).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!